Who doesn’t love a nice chewy chocolate chip cookie with a cup of hot tea? I simply adore this tea and cookie tradition. My rescuer of a hectic day. Today I am going to share with you the best egg less chewy chocolate chip cookies.
I have been trying to make chocolate chip cookies for a long time but never achieved that perfect bite. You know that crispy edge and soft center. I worked with many recipes, trying to make the dough with hand, adding one egg, two eggs, cold egg chilling the dough overnight etc. But nothing gave me that chewy chocolate chip cookie I desired. My cookies would spread like paper because of lot of butter, or would turn into a piece of rock. Appropriate to hit someone!
I am quite a stubborn person, when something is not working I take it up as a challenge and work until I achieve the required results. So after many trial and errors I found the right recipe and that too egg less.
I was so happy and finally content with the results. Happier because I made them without the addition of egg. Since I have some friends who do not eat eggs plus it is always a victory for me if I can make egg less baked goods.
If you want to get big chunks of chocolate in your cookies then opt for chocolate bar and chop it into pieces. I personally prefer that over chocolate chips. If you eat these chewy chocolate chip cookies warm you will experience an explosion of chocolate in your mouth. That is pure bliss! Give this recipe a shot and share with your friends, I am sure you won’t be disappointed.
Eggless Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 200 grams unsalted butter softened
- 100 grams white granulated sugar
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 150 grams chocolate chips
- 350 grams All purpose flour
- a pinch unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl whisk together butter and sugar until sugar is fully incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to the butter sugar mixture. Mix gently.
- Fold in chocolate chips or chop off the chocolate bar into small and big chunks.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 170° C. Make equal sized small balls from the dough and bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes. The edges should be crispy and the middle slightly soft. This way you will get thise perfect chewy cookies.